ENVE SES 4.5 R45 Chris King Carbon Clincher Wheelset
Brought to you by Cheeky Velosport Randwick
Producing the ultimate in aerodynamic advantage, Smart Aero Technology has teamed up with ENVE to bring you the pinnacle of wheel design. With a history in Formula One racing, Smart have extensive knowledge and understanding of aerodynamic principles, theory and most importantly application. Based on the doorstep of Mercedes GP Petronas Formula One HQ in Brackley, UK the world of speed and all its facilities is at Smart’s fingertips.
However there is more to Smart than just a design element. The group’s biomechanical history has led to the natural progression into high-performance cycling. The necessary skill, knowledge and passion for high performance cycling componentry have found its perfect partner in ENVE.
There is no shortcut to perfection. It must be tried and tested, over and over, before the ultimate is achieved. That’s why the 4.5s were created from the beginning with in-frame development and then blended with proven aerodynamics. This resulted in optimised stability, lightweight, stiffness and durability, a truly revolutionary wheel design.
The Smart ENVE System optimizes the interface between the frame surfaces and the wheels, creating an integrated system. The front and rear wheels interact differently with the air and the rest of the bicycle. Rim shapes are optimized to allow airflow to stay attached at higher yaw angles, thus reducing drag and improving ride performance.
• The front wheel is wider and shallower to improve stability and reduce drag in any wind condition.
• The rear wheel is deeper to reduce drag where stability is less affected.
• Wheels were tested on multiple frame designs in order to produce the maximum drag reduction. The result is a wheel system, which handles predictably, and displays superior drag results when installed in multiple bicycle frame designs.
Steering feedback in variable conditions needs to be predictable to have total handling confidence. Less predictable wheels have a non-linear steering response, resulting in erratic and unpredictable handling in unsteady conditions. The shape of the Smart ENVE System rim is optimized to ensure even and predictable airflow attachment. What the rider experiences is a balanced build up of side force as the angle of crosswind changes. This allows the rider to accurately predict the handling mannerisms of the wheel and avoid dangerous over correction cycles.
• The focus on steering stability resulted in improved handling and confidence in varying crosswinds.
• Therefore, the wheel shape was optimized to produce a predictable and linear response.
• The target stability gradient was 1.0.
Strong, stiff, light – the ENVE process
ENVE is renowned for developing the strongest, stiffest and lightest rims on the market. This durability is proven across all disciplines of the sport including being the first and only carbon wheel to podium at World Cup DH events. All ENVE products, including the Smart ENVE System, share this advanced manufacturing technology. These technologies involve
• Highest strength to weight ratio in the industry.
• Proprietary molded in spoke hole technology.
• Textured braking surface allowing for a more positive engagement and better braking in wet conditions.
• Material: Carbon Fibre
• Tyre type: Clincher
• Rim Depth: 48 / 56mm
• Internal Rim Width: 18.5mm / 17mm
• External Rim Width: 27mm / 25.5mm
• ERD: 563 / 545
• Built Weight: 1511g
• Rim Weight: 469 / 489g
• Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite
• Spoke Count: 20/24
• Recommended Tyre Size: 23mm - 25mm
• Shimano/SRAM 11sp compatible freehub
• Highest Quality Chris King Road Hubs for the smoothest rolling wheel available
• ENVE skewers
• ENVE carbon specific brake pads
• ENVE valve extenders
• ENVE rim tape
The name “Cheeky” is synonymous with roadies and triathletes in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney with the initial Cheeky Monkey store opening 1999. Fast forward to now, and Cheeky Velosport Randwick store is known for its unsurpassed service to its customers and continues to be a prime destination store for Cannondale, Storck, Pinarello and Wilier; and a one stop shop for triathlon and road bike needs in the Eastern Suburbs.
Mon - 7am -6pm
Tues to Fri – 8am-6pm
Sat – 9am-3pm
Shipping & Delivery Policy
Exchange, Returns, and Refunds Policy
Please choose carefully before you buy.
For faulty products, Cheeky Velosport Randwick offer a 14 DAY REPLACEMENT WARRANTY, from the date you receive your product. They do not offer a satisfaction guarantee on any of their products, however due to their high level of customer service, they will always endeavour to keep customers happy and satisfied.
If your product is faulty, it will be replaced with an identical product. If they cannot replace the product, they will offer you the option of choosing another product of the same value, or provide you with a refund for the total value of the faulty product.
Please note: Standard postage fees apply to all return orders. Where the return relates to a faulty item, the replacement product will be sent out to you, at no charge, within 5 working days from the date we receive the faulty product.
When returning your product, please make sure you provide the following details:
- Your full name
- Your order number
- Reason why you are returning the product
- Your instructions informing us how you would like the issue resolved.
Please include the original order confirmation or invoice you received with your product. Also, if you haven't previously provided a contact phone number, please include this with your return. This will ensure the issue is resolved quickly, should anyone need to contact you.